How does 4D HIFU work?
The 4D HIFU procedure stimulates collagen production by delivering focused ultrasound energy to the skin’s foundational or SMAS layer (typically used in cosmetic surgery) without cutting or disrupting the surface of the skin. Sometimes, the skin can look up to ten years younger.
What is 4D HIFU best for?
4D HIFU is best for shaping and tightening the facial contours (double chin, jaw, neck lift)
- Lifting the eyebrows
- Lifting and tightening the neck and décolletage
- Defining the jawline and jowls
- Improve the surface layer of the skin as well as lighten the skin
- Smooth out fine lines and wrinkles
- Target stubborn fatty areas like bra pockets, love handles, upper arms and a mummy tummy
How long is the initial consultation and does it attract a fee?
A HIFU consultation will take approximately 30-45 min and there is a nominal fee of $50 for the consultation. If you decide to go ahead with the treatment, your $50 consultation fee will count towards your deposit for the number of treatments recommended at your consultation.
How can I pay?
We offer a number of payment options including upfront payment, no interest payment plans as well as Zip Pay.
Appointment cancellation policy?
When making a booking for your treatment, please ensure that you can attend your appointment at the allocated time. If you cancel within 48 hours of your treatment, your deposit will be used to cover the clinic and therapist costs.
Is there a difference between 3D HIFU and 4D HIFU?
Regular 3D HIFU is done at 3 skin depths; 4.5mm, 3mm and 1.5mm. It is ideal for general face lifting, skin tightening and to give an instant plump and lift effect.
4D HIFU uses an extra applicator similar to a radar/wand which allows us to get into the small and tight spaces that cannot be reached with a regular HIFU device.
How many 4D HIFU treatments will I need?
The number of treatments is based on the degree of skin laxity, the biological response to ultrasound energy and the individual’s collagen-building process. Normally, 2 treatments are recommended as a minimum when treating the face and between 2-4 treatments when treating the body especially targeting areas such as the tummy or after weight loss. Some clients benefit from additional treatments on both face and body. As our skin continues to age, future one off touch-up treatments are also recommended to maintain results.
How soon will I be able to see the results from my HIFU treatment?
After your HIFU treatment, you may see some instant tightening and lifting (20%+), but the best results will take 2-3 months as your body naturally regenerates collagen. Some clients experience continued improvement for up to six months with results lasting almost 18 months.
How much time does each procedure take?
Treatment duration times vary based on treatment area and the desired results. A single HIFU session, based on the area that is being treated, can last anywhere from 30 minutes and 2.5 hours. Your Therapist will advise you on the time frame required for your individual procedure.
Is HIFU treatment safe?
Yes, HIFU Treatment is safe. HIFU uses a safe, time-tested ultrasound, which has been shown to be effective in clinical studies with treatments performed on over 350,000 patients worldwide. Ultrasound has been used safely in the medical field for over 50 years. HIFU is one of the few treatments that is safe for all skin types, as it uses ultrasound and bypasses the upper layers of skin where the pigment is, and treats the area that requires attention.
What does the 4D HIFU treatment feel like?
The treatment is delivered via ultrasound where you will feel tiny amounts of energy being deposited to the precise depths. You will feel a warm, tingling sensation throughout your treatment, which is tolerable to most clients. The amount of energy used can be adjusted to provide extra comfort for sensitive clients.
Are there any side effects with 4D HIFU treatment?
Compared to a full Face Lift Surgery, there is minor down time and minimal side effects with 4D HIFU which makes it a great alternative to invasive and expensive procedures. You may look a little flushed and red after your treatment, but this usually settles within a couple of hours. You may experience mild swelling and tenderness and sometimes bruising may also occur, but again, these settle quickly and are a temporary side effect with 4D HIFU.
Are there any Contraindications to receiving HIFU treatments?
Yes, HIFU is contraindicated if you have the following:
- Open wounds or lesions on the face and/or neck
- Severe or cystic acne on the face and/or neck
- Pacemakers and electronic device implants in the area to be treated
- Heart Conditions
- An active systemic or local skin disease that may alter wound healing
- Autoimmune disease
- Bell’s palsy
- Issues with the Thyroid gland
- Issues with the Thyroid cartilage
- Trachea Major vessels
- Breast Implants or mechanical Implants
- Dermal fillers
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- Children below 18 years
What do I need to do before starting 4D HIFU treatment?
- No Sun exposure or sun tanning for a minimum of 7 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid antibiotics or blood thinning medications 7-14 days prior to treatment.
- No Omega3 or Chemical peels for a minimum 2-4 weeks prior to treatment.
- No Laser or skin needling treatments done on the area for treatment for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Stop the use of “all-active” skincare products for a minimum of 4-7 days prior to treatment.
- No Alcohol 2 days prior to treatment.
- Start to drink a minimum of 2-3 litres of water a week in advance of commencement of treatment.
- If you are a skin type IV-VI we will need to start using a melanin inhibitor (skin lightening products). Your therapist will discuss this with you, if needed.
- Start to use a high SPF sunscreen 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Start to use a good quality skin hydration regime 2 weeks prior to treatment.
Is there any aftercare required post 4D HIFU treatment?
- Avoid sun exposure for a minimum 7-14 days
- Use a SPF Sunscreen and Skincare with hyaluronic acid (INTRACEUTICAL)
- Avoid Alcohol for a minimum of 3 days
- Avoid scratching your skin
- Avoid taking hot showers or going to the sauna for a minimum of 4-7 days
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water daily